- Our favorite breakfast bread
- 50% steel-cut oats by weight
- Made with Farmer Ground whole wheat flour and our sourdough starter
- Easy to cut into thin slices due to high density and square loaf shape
- Loaves are roughly 2 lbs.
- Double loaves are roughly 4 lbs.
Steel-cut oat "groats" are the key ingredient in our Oat Groat Bread. Oat groats are oat seeds that have not been rolled, steamed, or pressed, so we cook them to soften them up. The high fiber content of the groats is great for digestion and it gives the bread a nice, mellow flavor. Oat Groat Bread is a great early morning power booster!
We bake our Oat Groat Bread in pullman loaf pans—long, narrow bread pans that have a lid. Pullman pans produce extraordinarily square loaves that are great for sandwiches and easy to slice. They also allow us to bake the Oat Groat Bread longer at high temperatures, without burning the top of the bread.
Farmer Ground wheat flour*, steel cut oats*, water, salt, yeast.